29 Mar 2013

Rope Rope Rope

After playing with ropes for a few years, I decided it was time to try and condition my own ropes.  So after finding some nice natural fibre rope from a supplier (I like 8mm rope and the texture of natural rope), I set to work in getting the rope conditioned.
After removing the suppliers chemicals and drying the rope, I burnt off the excess and oiled the rope.  Then I bound the rope ends with thread and coated them in wax to seal the ends and prevent the rope from unravelling.
Once the rope was finished, I made a bag for each rope with a drawstring opening to keep the ropes clean and protected when not in use, and for good measure-a 25000N locking carabiner each for suspension work.




7 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't notice that printed on the bags are "Lilith" and your moon logo. Are they ordered or you printed them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The logo and text I put onto the fabric myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A carabiner usually holds an impact force of around 20~30kN. A typo? I would like to inquire about the method you used to remove the "suppliers' chemicals," which I suppose was the characteristic oily smell of machine-made hemp or sisal ropes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 我喜歡妳的袋子,跟你們的網誌風格很相似。

      Delete
    2. It's not a typo, it's whats stamped on the sides of the carabiners I purchased. To remove the suppliers chemicals from the rope just boil them in water.

      Delete